Efficiency is a hot button in today’s society. Especially in reference to exercising. Who has more than a few minutes a day to balance exercise with everything else on the to-do list? By establishing the best pre-workout and post-workout eating habits partnered with an exercise routine, you can get the most bang for your buck out of your time. The following list includes the best pre and post-workout supplements and snacks.
The Best Pre Workout Supplements
Are you one of those people who swear by the effectiveness of your pre-workout supplements? Whether you need a dose of caffeine to get your heinie to the gym or you seek out creatine to boost energy production and muscular strength, the best pre-workout supplement is out there for you.
- C4 Original Pre Workout Powder – Available in a wide array of flavors, this pre workout power includes 150mg Caffeine + Beta Alanine + Creatine with no sugar and no calories.
- Naked Creatine Monohydrate – With 100% Pure Micronized Creatine Monohydrate, this dissolving powder promises to be the highest grade creatine monohydrate supplement available.
- humanN SuperBeets Circulation Superfood – Beets naturally support healthy circulation and blood pressure levels and this powder provides the Nitric Oxide equivalent of 3 beets in a serving.
- Optimum Nutrition Beta-Alanine – Claiming to strengthen and increase endurance, this powder of beta-alanine and histidine contains no sugar.
- BulkSupplements.com L-Citrulline DL-Malate – Promising to boost energy, aid in recovery, and support circulation and overall heart health, mix with smoothies, juice, water, or create your own capsules.
- Pure Organic Natural Bicarb Blend – Made with no additives, this capsule promises to help your body maintain a healthy pH balance.
The Best Pre Workout Snacks
The best pre-workout snacks are often thought to be a combination of protein, carbohydrates, and fats. Your muscles need glucose from the carbs and protein can help boost performance. That being said, the following is a list of snacks to eat before pumping iron (or hitting the track).
- Justin’s Classic Peanut Butter Squeeze Packs – Only two ingredients and portable, squeeze onto fruit, crackers, or straight into your mouth.
- Quaker Instant Oatmeal Express Cups – Throw in some milk and raisins for a snack that is quick and filling.
- Carnation Breakfast Essentials High Protein Ready to Drink – This portable drink does not require refrigeration and comes in chocolate or vanilla.
- KIND Bars – Available in a wide array of flavors, these fruit and nut bars are great before a high intensity interval workout.
- ALOHA Organic Plant Based Protein Bars – Perfect for long distance running, this bar helps fuel before putting in the miles.
- Silk Almond Milk Unsweetened Original – Use almond milk to make a smoothie mixed with the fruit of your choosing.
The Best Post Workout Supplements
While the best pre-workout supplements help provide extra energy and endurance, post-workout supplements are used for helping muscle recovery and building muscles. Use this list to help determine which post-workout supplement is best for your body and your exercise goals.
- Optimum Nutrition L-Glutamine Muscle Recovery Capsules – Helps aid muscle recovery so that you are not as sore the day after a hard workout.
- MuscleTech Myobuild BCAA Amino Acids Supplement – Promises to increase strength and performance, build muscle, and help with recovery.
- Muscle Milk Pro Series Protein Powder – Working to help rebuild and grow muscles, this protein helps to maintain muscle mass.
- Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Micellar Casein Protein Powder – Offered in a variety of flavors, this casein protein helps slow digestion to aid in muscle recovery.
- VINTAGE BUILD Post Workout Recovery Powder – Help build lean, defined muscles by with this premium powder supplement.
The Best Post Workout Snacks
Before your body can start to ache from the work you just completed, make sure to have a snack high in protein close by to give your body what it needs to refuel. Not on this list: water! Make sure to drink plenty of water after exercising.
- Horizon Organic, Lowfat Chocolate Milk – Great post workout snack that rehydrates, is a source of protein and sugar, and does not need to be refrigerated.
- GoGo Dipperz Hummus with pretzels – Replenish your sodium after a long run with these whole grain salted pretzels. Hummus adds protein (and taste) to this quick and easy snack.
- Bigelow Lemon ginger tea – Relaxing and hydrating, tea can help complement a snack of healthy fats and protein.
- Wonderful Pistachios – Fight post-workout inflammation with this tasty snack high in protein. Shell on or off, Wonderful brand offers an array of flavors to suit your tastebuds.
- Cheribundi 100% Tart Cherry Juice – Tart cherry juice is said to help boost immunity, reduce muscle soreness, and help you recover quickly post workout.
- StarKist Chunk Light Tuna – Add to a piece of whole grain toast or crackers for a complete snack chalked with protein.
- Kellogg’s Breakfast Cereal in a Cup – Just add milk to this traditional breakfast snack for some protein, sugar, and hydration.
While the best pre-workout and post-workout eating habits are not always top of mind, this list should help generate ideas on how you can plan ahead to maximize your results. Put some sweat equity into yourself by determining the best eating habits for you!
WANT TO READ MORE?
Check out this article on Get Fit 2015.
💖 NEWSLETTER: DAILY READS IN YOUR INBOX 💖
Sign up to receive our picks for the best things to do, see and buy so you can relax and focus on more important tasks! Let us help you be the best version of yourself you can be!
GET MORE FROM DAILY MOM, PARENTS PORTAL
📌 LOVE IT? PIN IT!📌
Source credits: Amazon.com